Mental Health First Aid training, an eight hour course beginning at 8:30 a.m. on April 28. This training will serve to:
- educate church leaders and congregations on the risk factors and warning signs of mental health problems
- build understanding of mental health problems and their impact
- overview appropriate support
The course uses role-playing simulations to demonstrate how to offer initial help in a mental health crisis, and connect people to the appropriate professional, peer, or community support.
- When: April 28, 2018, check-in and breakfast begins at 8:00 a.m. Class starts promptly at 8:30 a.m. and ends by 4:30 p.m.
- Where: Mountain View United Church (MVUC), 10700 E. Evans Ave, Aurora, CO 80014. We have ample free parking.
- Registration: There are only 25 places available for this training, so registration is accepted on a first-come-first-registered basis. Contact Mountain View United Church’s Director of Mental Health & Inclusion Ministries, Amy Petré Hill, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-967-4890.
Please include your full name, home address, congregation or organization, phone number, email address (so we can send a reminder and additional info), and any special dietary needs to Amy by April 23.
- Cost: This training is provided at no cost to you by Mountain View United Church.
- Food: MVUC will provide a continental breakfast and lunch for all participants. Gluten-free and vegetarian food options will be offered. Please contact Amy with any additional dietary needs so she may supply appropriate meals and treats throughout the training.
- Accessibility: The training will be held in an accessible sanctuary with accessible (but not perfectly ADA-compliant) bathrooms. If you have any mobility, vision, or hearing needs, please contact Amy before the training so she can ensure you fully enjoy and participate in every aspect of the training.
- Cancellations: There are only 25 slots available to folks from all area churches in this training. If you cannot attend for whatever reason—and we know life happens—please contact Amy and let her know so she can arrange for a person on the wait list to join.