Secretary/Administrative Assistant - Berthoud UMC, Berthoud, Colorado
December 12, 2016
- Personality and heart to be the face of the church
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in computer operation, including publication and word processing software, spreadsheets, and email; ability to learn new software as needed for website, social media, and church-specific software (membership database, presentation software)
- Proficiency in use and maintenance of phone system, copier/printer
- Experience in establishing and maintaining both hard copy and electronic files for record keeping
Current Software Used:
- Receptionist’s duties – greet and help church visitors; handle phone calls
- Website and social media – manage church website and administer social media, NAS tech solutions
- Clerical support for the pastor, as needed
- Communications and publishing – manage church mail and email, incoming and outgoing; edit and publish weekly bulletins, weekly email ‘blasts’, and monthly newsletter
- Worship and announcement slide shows – create weekly worship slide show
- Schedules and calendars – manage schedules for meetings, facility and worship assistants; maintain electronic building use calendar; consolidate calendars, if needed
- Support for staff and volunteers, as needed
- Volunteers – Recruit, organize and oversee volunteers who will assist with assigned tasks a minimum of five hours each week; recruit and train volunteers to cover secretary/administrative assistant tasks in secretary/AA’s absence; provide support to other church projects managed by volunteer(s), as needed
- Support for small groups – clerical support for choir, book group, and other groups, as needed
- Special events and projects – assist with preparation for funerals, special services, annual reports, conference reports and other special projects, as needed
- Record keeping – maintain records for membership, attendance, facility maintenance, facility use, volunteers, staff contact information, and directory
- File clerk duties – maintain church’s paper and electronic files, including weekly computer backup
- Equipment maintenance – manage and maintain copier, printer, and phone messaging system
- Ordering – order office supplies, janitorial supplies, and music, as requested
Windows, Outlook, Microsoft Office (Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel), Shepherd’s Staff, MediaShout, Word Press
This position is supervised daily by the Pastor and ultimately, by the Staff Parish Relations Committee.
This position is 20 hours per week. Typically, the office will be open in the morning (9:00am-1:00pm M-F), although specific schedules are decided with the Pastor. Flex time is possible to compensate for errands outside office hours.
The compensation for this position is set annually by the Administrative Council with guidance from the SPRC.
This position is subject to all policies in the BUMC Personnel Manual.
820 9th St Berthoud CO 80513