Pastor of Congregational Care - St. Andrew UMC, Highlands Ranch, Colorado
December 05, 2017
The Pastor of Congregational Care provides oversight, leadership, training, and spiritual guidance to staff and lay ministry volunteers in Congregational Care. The goals of Congregational Care ministry at St. Andrew are to provide excellent Pastoral Care and to foster a church environment in which all members are equipped to care for one another through personal relationships, visitation, small groups, and formally organized care ministries.
- Support, equip and oversee the Congregational Care Leadership Team.
- Support, equip and oversee St. Andrew’s Stephen Lay Care Ministry.
- Coordinate effective Pastoral Ministry to congregants, providing direct pastoral care as necessary.
- Work with other pastoral staff and the St. Andrew funeral coordinator to officiate funerals and memorial services.
- Coordinate with other churches and pastors using St. Andrew’s building for funerals and memorials.
- Coordinate the church ‘on-call’ schedule for support to congregants.
- Develop a network of community resources and professionals to whom people can be connected when in crisis. Provide mental and spiritual health triage to people in crisis when necessary.
- Support, encourage and oversee laity on existing Congregational Care teams (Stephen Ministers, Care Team, Covenant Visitors, Intercessory Prayer Team, and support groups), while recruiting, equipping and supervising new teams to meet the needs of our congregation.
- In consultation with the Executive Pastor, manage the Congregational Compassion Fund.
Small Group Development
- Develop and encourage Small Groups such as Women’s Spiritual Growth Group, Men’s Covenant Groups, and other emotionally and spiritually supportive group ministries.
- Coach and mentor small group leaders through a system of regular meetings and accountability.
- Continue to provide resources and guidance to ongoing and emerging support groups e.g. AA, Grief Groups and etc.
- Support the Director of Outreach and Community Life by creating and maintaining follow up systems for members who have been absent.
- Develop the Stephen Ministry, Congregational Care Team, and other lay caregivers to serve in this ministry area as well as others in which their involvement might be beneficial.
- Build, train, and deploy lay teams to support and grow the ministry of Congregational Care at St. Andrew.
- Develop new Congregational Care ministries as necessary to carry out the congregation’s mission.
- Assist in leading worship at St. Andrew’s Saturday and Sunday services.
- Be a contributing, collaborative member of our dynamic team of Ministry Area Directors.
- Create and manage the budget for the Congregational Care ministry area, in consultation with the Executive Pastor and Finance Committee.
- 3 – 5 years demonstrated leadership success in a church or other ministry setting.
- 2 – 3 years successful volunteer/lay management experience.
- Proven pastoral care skills and the ability to teach them to others.
- Familiarity with United Methodism; Master of Divinity from an accredited United Methodist seminary preferred.
- Passion for the mission, vision and values of St. Andrew Church.
- Highly organized and adept at time management.
- Visionary, proactive competence at creating and sustaining excellent ministry.
- Ability to push, pull, and lift up to 25 pounds.
- Flexibility to work after normal office hours and weekends as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher education
- Must be able to work in a dynamic office environment.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full benefits will be offered with this position including health insurance and paid time off.
If interested in the position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Stacie Wheelis
9203 S. University Blvd Highlands Ranch CO 80126