Part-time Organist - First UMC, Casper, Wyoming
September 01, 2017
- Baccalaureate in Music or equivalent training and experience with an emphasis in sacred music.
- Skilled in playing the organ and preferably, the piano.
- Skilled as an accompanist to collaborate with congregational singing, choir, and soloists.
- Knowledge of sacred music from classical to contemporary.
- A spirit of collaboration with the senior and associate pastor and staff members.
- The ability to select from a variety of sacred musical genres that inspire and enhance worship.
- A personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Play organ and/or piano as appropriate for the 11:00 AM Sunday morning and special worship services, including some special services at 8:30 a.m. blended service.
- Rehearse occasionally as needed with the adult choir.
- Provide and perform music for additional services and offerings outside of the regular church service times, including 3-4 Christmas Eve services.
- Select preludes & postludes for 11:00 a.m. worship in consultation with Director of Music.
- Be available for weddings and funerals, if possible (additional compensation is provided for these services).
- As a part time position, candidate will be paid for each performance and rehearsal, at a rate commensurate with education, experience, hours of service, and community standards.
- If qualified, additional employment opportunities may be possible through the NASM-accredited music department at Casper College.
As soon as suitable candidate(s) may be found.
Submit resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff Parish Relations Chairperson
302 E. Second St.
Casper, Wyoming 82601
Contact: Rev. Brian Oliver, Senior Pastor
302 E.t Second St. Casper WY 82601