Music Accompanist/Leader - Berthoud First UMC, Berthoud, Colorado
April 14, 2016
Berthoud First United Methodist Church, a vibrant, multigenerational congregation with average attendance of 100, seeks a qualified musician to provide accompaniment for both congregational singing and the choir. Worship style is a mix of hymns and praise music.
- Background and knowledge of vocal and instrumental music
- Leadership in the areas of music and worship
- Ability to accompany a diverse range of musical styles
- Strong personal faith in God and Christ
- Commitment to a team ministry, working with the pastor, choir director, and members of the congregation
- Primary support and direction provided by the pastor.
- Accompany choir at the direction of the choir director.
- Performance evaluation conducted by SPRC.
Provide musical accompaniment for weekly and special services.
- Play piano and other instruments as able
- Provide incidental music during the service
- Prepare musical selections as directed by the choir director
This is a salaried position Accompany at Sunday services at 10:00am and special services throughout the year. Attend choir practice Wednesday night 7:00 pm mid-August through May. The duties are estimated at 6 hours/week when choir is in session and 3 hours/week when not.
Compensation commensurate with experience and education.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: Kris-Ellen Corzine
820 Ninth Street Berthoud CO 80513