Mountain View United Methodist Church
Job Description for Children’s and Youth Choir Director
The Director of Children’s and Youth Choirs will be responsible for planning, preparing, and leading both choirs as they participate in Mountain View worship services. The Director will work closely with the Director of Music, Pastoral Staff, and Director of Children’s Education, all of whom will provide the guidance and supervision required to ensure that these responsibilities are fulfilled.
This is a ten-month position, from mid-August to mid-May. Time commitment – 8 hours per week. Salary range from $4,000 - $5,000 based upon experience.
Description of Responsibilities
· Conduct weekly half hour rehearsals with the Children’s Choir between services on Sunday mornings.
· Conduct weekly hour-long rehearsals with Youth Choir on early Sunday evenings prior to Youth activities.
· Have Children’s Choir ready to participate in worship service every six to eight weeks as scheduled by the Director of Music.
· Have Youth Choir ready to participate in worship services once or twice per month as scheduled by the Director of Music.
· Work closely with the Director of Music in scheduling for the program year by being aware of Boulder Valley School District schedules and vacation times.
· Assist in planning and providing music for special presentations such as Mountain View Sings, Youth Sunday, and Music Heritage Sunday and others as needed.
· Develop ways for each choir to participate in musical community outreach, such as mini-tour of senior residences during Christmas season and others as needed.
· Actively recruit singers for each choir with the goal of providing musical experiences for all children and youth through their senior year of high school.
· Communicate with parents effectively regarding practice and performance scheduling as well as enlisting help with larger musical projects.
· Attend and participate in monthly Music Staff meetings.
· Strong musical and interpersonal skills in leading a church children’s and youth choir. Previous experience and music degree preferred but not required.
· Proficient piano skills; able to run a rehearsal with or without an accompanist.
· Ability to work well with other music staff members.
· Strong communication skills.
Candidates should submit an application letter, resume, and two references to Director of Music, Steven Burchard at firstname.lastname@example.org. A live audition will be required for job finalists. For further info, contact Steven at 303-726-9630.
Contact: Steven Burchard
Address: 355 Ponca Place Boulder CO 80303