Submitted by Ruth Brand
Rocky Mountain United Methodist Foundation
The Rocky Mountain United Methodist Foundation is offering grant money to support financial ministry throughout the Rocky Mountain Conference. This includes fundraising, financial planning, stewardship curricula, communications, consulting services, capital campaigns, strategic planning, and visioning. The Foundation encourages the unlimited imagination of church leaders in developing creative, transformative requests that will create systemic changes in vitality and financial health.
Grants will not be made for the Foundation’s Endowment-building Webinar Program or for salary. Recipients of 2015 grants are not eligible.
: Churches, missions, agencies, and ministries of the Rocky Mountain Conference of The United Methodist Church.
: 50 percent matching funds
for up to $2,500
1. Send a letter of request to the Rocky Mountain United Methodist Foundation office at least 30 days prior to your planned need.
2. Your letter should include:
- Contact person – name, address, phone number, and email address
- Plan – the details of the project, including why your church has decided to take on this project
- Time frame - start and finish date of the project
- Measurable Goal – in what ways do you expect your ministry to expand as a result of this project?
- Cost – what are the specific expenses your project will incur?
- Income – what are the sources of funds for at least 50% of the costs? Before the Foundation disburses funds for any grant award, the recipient will provide documented source of funds to demonstrate the first 50% of the match. (In-kind contributions will not be matched.) Then the Foundation will pay the second 50%.
- Impact – who and how many people will be served?
3. Your letter must be signed by:
- Senior pastor, church council chair, and finance chair
- If applicable, the chair of trustees and/or endowment committee
: Application deadline - Nov. 30, 2016 - or when all grant money is awarded, whichever comes first.
The fine print: Grant awards may only be used for the purpose approved by the Rocky Mountain United Methodist Foundation. Unused funds must be returned to the Foundation. The Foundation reserves the right to withhold and/or recover grant funds that were not used according to their intended purpose. Only one grant request per two-calendar year per entity. The applicant agrees to provide a written report, including statistics and human interest stories that can be shared with others, about how the grant was used.