(Wider church, ecumenical, or events held within the Conference boundaries that are sponsored by other entities)
- Youth 2015 Tour Stop - September 21 at St Andrew UMC
- Wesley Festival Seeks Participants for May 2015 Gala Concert in Washington, DC
- Worship Planning Retreat with Dr. Marcia McFee
- Countdown to Zero: Just Save One, an Equipping Conference on HIV & AIDS - September 11-13, 2014
- Young Adult Event: Keeping Pulse - September 19-21, 2014 at Buckhorn Camp
- RMC Leadership Summit - September 27, 2014 at St Andrew UMC
- Preaching Academy with Dr. Thomas Long - October 3, 2014 at First UMC Colorado Springs
- Save the Date: Generating Generosity Workshop - May 1, 2015
- Sunshine District Certified Lay Speaker Training in LaJunta, CO, September 13 & 20, 2014
- Northeast Colorado Lay Servant Ministry Classes in Akron, CO, September 20-21, 2014
- Peaks Sub-district Lay Servant Classes in Fort Collins, October 18-19, 2014
- John Dominic Crossan in Fort Collins, CO, September 12-13, 2014
- Youth Ministry Workshop at Green Mountain UMC, September 13, 2014
- DenUM Harvest Breakfast, Christ UMC in Denver, October 1, 2014
- Leadership Beyond Regional Conference at Parker UMC, October 7-9, 2014
Youth 2015 Tour Stop - September 21 at St Andrew UMC
Want to get a preview of Youth 2015? Check out one of the Western Jurisdiction's Youth 2015 Tour Stops at St. Andrew UMC on September 21, 2014. Doors open at 3:30pm with everything starting at 4:00pm. For tickets and more information, check out this website.
Wesley Festival Seeks Participants for May 2015 Gala Concert in Washington, DC
The Wesley Festival was founded in 2007 to bring people together through music to support critical missions of The United Methodist Church. Dr. James Ramsey, Director of Music and Arts at St. Luke's United Methodist Church in Highlands Ranch, Colorado, is the event founder and director. The 2015 festival will feature founder James Ramsey, guest conductor Helen Cha-Pyo of the Empire State Youth Orchestra, Adrienne Danrich, Soprano; Kenrick Mervine, Organ; members of the armed forces orchestra; singers from around the world; and invited leaders and dignitaries of the United Methodist Church and the United States. The festival will culminate in a gala concert at Washington D.C.'s John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, benefiting Imagine No Malaria.
Worship Planning Retreat with Dr. Marcia McFee
Plan vital worship for the whole year by attending a worship planning retreat at Lake Tahoe with Dr. Marcia McFee, October 26-29, 2014. In the retreat, participants will:
- walk through the entire liturgical year with me, identifying possible themes and activities;
- map out their general worship plans for each season;
- learn skills for functioning as a more effective worship team; and
- renew their passion for worship design and leadership.
Individual leaders and whole worship teams are welcome. For more information and to register, visit this site.
Countdown to Zero: Just Save One, an Equipping Conference on HIV & AIDS - September 11-13, 2014
Young Adult Event: Keeping Pulse - September 19-21, 2014
RMC Leadership Summit - September 27, 2014
Members of RMCUMC Committees and Commissions are invited to the Annual Leadership Summit, to be held Saturday, September 27, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., at St. Andrew UMC in Highlands Ranch. Gil Rendle will be the facilitator as we continue the conversation connecting our quadrennial theme, "Cultivating the Tree of Life," our conference strategic plans and SMART Goals, with the larger picture of the changed mission field. Learn more and register at RMC Leadership Summit 2014.
Preaching Academy with Dr. Thomas Long - October 3, 2014
Save the Date: Generating Generosity Workshop - May 1, 2015
Pastors and lay church leadership, save the date for an exciting workshop on Generating Generosity, featuring guest speaker David Bell. Additional break-out sessions include technological giving options, narrative budget creation and saying thank you, and how to set up a legacy giving program.
Read more about the workshop on this flyer. Bring a group from your church for maximum effectiveness. The venue is St. Andrew's UMC, Highlands Ranch. The workshop is sponsored by the Board of Discipleship and the United Methodist Foundation. Information about registration will be available soon. For now - save May 1, 2015.
Sunshine District Certified Lay Speaker Training in LaJunta, CO, September 13 & 20, 2014
The Lay Servant Team of the Sunshine District is pleased to announce an upcoming Certified Lay Speaker workshop that will be offered at the LaJunta United Methodist Church.
- Course Title: Am I Ready for the Pulpit?
- Dates & Times: Saturday, September 13, 2014, 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.; and Saturday, September 20, 2014, 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Place: LaJunta United Methodist Church, 601 San Juan Ave., LaJunta, CO
- Instructors: Mike Spahr & Don Hill (with guest speakers each day)
- Textbook: UMC Book of Worship
- Registration Cost: $20.00. Registration fee includes Saturday lunches and printed materials.
Download the registration form and submit by September 9 to reserve your space.
Northeast Colorado Lay Servant Ministry Classes in Akron, CO, September 20-21, 2014
NE CO Lay Servant Ministry Classes will be held on Saturday, September 20 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Sunday, September 21 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Akron UMC, 101 E Third St., Akron, CO.
- Basic Class Participants, please order and read Lay Servant Ministries Participant's Book, ISBN #978-9-88177-626-3.
- Those attending the Advanced Class, "Leading Worship," please order Worshiping with United Methodists, Revised Edition, by Hoyt Hickman, ISBN #978-06873-3526-8.
Books may be ordered from Cokesbury at 800-672-1789 or cokesbury.com.
Peaks Sub-district Lay Servant Classes in Fort Collins, October 18-19, 2014
The Peaks Sub-district is offering Lay Servant Classes October 18-19 at Christ United Methodist Church in Fort Collins. Classes include Basic Course, Leading Worship, Spiritual Gifts, and Accountable Discipleship.
Register by October 4 for the Early Bird Tuition of $35. Please see this flyer for more information and registration.
John Dominic Crossan in Fort Collins, CO, September 12-13, 2014
Youth Ministry Workshop at Green Mountain UMC, September 13, 2014
- What: "Developing a Sensitive, Safe and Sensational Youth Ministry"
- When: Saturday, September 13, 2014, 8:30am (check-in), 9am-12pm (workshop)
- Where: Green Mountain United Methodist Church, 12755 W Cedar Dr, Lakewood, CO 80228
- Who: Staff, volunteers, ministers, parents, caregivers and mentors of young people are invited to attend
- Facilitator: Rev. Bob Coulson, an ordained minister, certified spiritual director and Stephen Ministry leader, will facilitate this engaging workshop. His experience with youth and young adults spans 20-plus years.
This interactive, no-cost workshop develops participants' knowledge, skills and abilities in how to develop youth ministries that are relevant, vital, inclusive, and engaging for youth, families, and their communities. Read the flyer for more information.
DenUM Harvest Breakfast, Christ UMC in Denver, October 1, 2014
Leadership Beyond Regional Conference at Parker UMC, October 7-9, 2014
Parker UMC will present a leadership training event on October 7-9, 2014, through the International Leadership Institute. Materials, lunch, and a focused leadership event are only $60. Read and share this flyer. Register through the Parker United Methodist Church or log onto www.iliteam.org, click on Find A Conference Near You, scroll down through the international events to find the Denver Regional Conference starting on October 7, 2014. Call Randy Jessen, 719-244-2222, for more details.