Mission u Two-Day Event at St. Andrew UMC
7/21/2017 8:30 a.m. to 7/22/2017 5:00 p.m.
This is your invitation to Mission u 2017
Mission u brings together women, men, youth and children to explore the implications of our Christian faith in today’s contexts. Participants learn and discuss together study topics related to spiritual growth, a geographic area and a current issue—leaving each Mission u better equipped to set faith into action. Study topics for 2017 include the following:
- Living as a Covenant Community - Covenants are found in the Bible from the moment God created man and woman until the last page of Revelation. We will discover that covenantal living calls us to acts of mercy and justice with all. As we grow to understand the divine covenants made by God with our ancestors, and thus with us, our faith and our lives will transform.
- The Missionary Conferences of the UMC in the United States - The history of the three Missionary conferences in the US is a rich story. it is also a story about class and race. The aim of the study is to give an overview of these three conferences, the contexts out of which they grew, and their current engagements. What does the future look like for these conferences?
- Climate Justice: Call to Hope and Action - This study is designed to deepen your understanding and awareness of climate change and its impact on God's creation. It will offer us Biblical, theological, and ethical insight as a basis of our advocacy on climate justice in churches and in the public sphere. (Offered Saturday only)
You may register for both days – Friday and Saturday (2 courses) or one day (1 course)
There are Youth and Child Events available on Saturday:
Registration cost: 2 days for $90, 1 day for $55, includes lunch and snacks. Friday night dinner (optional) $10
More information at: http://www.rmcumc.org/mission_u
- Youth (grades 6-12) – In Mission Together: A Youth Study on Missionary Conferences
- Child Study (grades 1-5) – God’s Extravagant Garden: Climate Justice