Part-time Youth Director - Green Mountain UMC, Lakewood, Colorado
May 04, 2016
Green Mountain United Methodist Church (GMUMC) located in Lakewood, CO seeks a part-time youth director. GMUMC is a member of The Reconciling Ministries Network (rmnetwork.org) and the Progressive Christian Alliance of Colorado (http://progressivechristianity.org/the-8-points/). GMUMC offers a variety of worship experiences, faith & fellowship groups, and outreach and mission opportunities in our community and around the world.
The Youth Director will:
- Develop, plan and implement Youth Fellowship meetings
- Coordinate special events including planning and implementing youth fundraising efforts
- Form and lead a Youth Council in order to develop and encourage leadership
- Develop and lead a youth education program
- Organize and participate in youth outreach and mission opportunities
- Recruit adult "sponsors" to assist with youth programs
- Serve as an advocate for youth within the church
- Provide support to and develop positive relationships with parents, sponsors and youth
- Communicate events to youth, parents and the church through social media, the church newsletter and other means as appropriate
- Work with other church staff for the benefit of the ministry of the church
- Attend all staff meetings and monthly church council meetings to report on youth activities
- Other tasks as deemed necessary
Salary for the position will be commensurate with experience.
Upon hiring, additional duties and job responsibilities will be clarified. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application and resume, with references, to email@example.com
Applications will be received until June 10, 2016 or until the position is filled.
Contact: Paul Murphy-Geiss
12755 W. Cedar Dr. Lakewood CO 80228