Part-time Administrative Assistant - Heritage UMC, Littleton, Colorado
February 03, 2016
- Work with and manage volunteers.
- Greet those who come into the office, answer their questions, give needed assistance, or refer them to the proper staff person.
- Answer the telephone and give assistance or forward calls to the appropriate staff person.
- Maintain church records as assigned, including records required by the Book of Discipline. Also maintain the current membership roll and mailing list.
- Design \ Edit and print the Sunday bulletins, edit the weekly newsletter, and other brochures and flyers that are periodically requested by staff and committees.
- Organize and implement church business using a computer system. Type letters, reports, records, etc. as needed for program staff and church officials.
- Maintain and update database of mailing lists, membership status, birthdays, and committees.
- Organize and send mailings as needed.
- Give clerical support to all staff and church committees. Order curriculum material and other supplies needed by the church, as directed by staff.
- Maintain a master calendar of all church activities and of all events taking place in our facilities.
- Order and maintain an adequate inventory of office supplies. Arrange for delivery or pick up of supplies when necessary. Maintain office equipment and arrange for repairs when necessary. Maintain an orderly environment.
- Perform other tasks as will be assigned by the pastor or by the Staff Parish Relations Committee. Arrange for work to be done when away for vacation, training events, or leave of any kind.
- Design and manipulate data in spreadsheets as requested.
This position shall be a part time position, twenty to twenty five hours per week. This position will work under the direct supervision of the pastor. Arrangements for special hours, changes in days off, and other such matters shall be a matter arrived at between these two. Also, this position shall exercise any and all powers delegated to him/her by the pastor.
REQUIRED COMPUTER SKILLS FOR ADMIN ASSISTANT POSITION:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Publisher
- QuickBooks – Preferred
Send a resume and your compensation requirements via email to Heritage7077@gmail.com
. You must put “Purple Cow” in the email subject line. Please, no phone calls or drop bys to apply or inquire about this position.
Contact: Scott Morris
7077 S Simms St Littleton CO 80127