Director of Contemporary Worship & Young Adult Ministries - First UMC, Fort Collins, Colorado
October 06, 2016
Fort Collins First United Methodist Church is seeking a Director of Contemporary Worship & Young Adult Ministries.
|FORT COLLINS FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
1005 Stover Street, Ft. Collins, Colorado
Director of Contemporary Worship & Young Adult Ministries
20 hours per week; Sunday hours and some evening meetings required.
|Primary responsibilities: The Director of Contemporary Worship & Young Adult Ministries will work with the pastors and Director of Music Ministries to design and lead a new contemporary worship service, work with the pastors and the Life Long Faith Formation team to develop and provide leadership for classes and small groups aimed at young adults, and work with the Membership & Engagement Director to attract and integrate young adults into the life of the church.
- Work with the pastors to create a new contemporary worship service that will engage young adult seekers and believers
- Provide leadership to volunteer and paid musicians to provide music for the new contemporary worship service
- Be the primary Worship Leader for the new contemporary worship service (does not include preaching)
- Recruit, train, maintain, and replace volunteers to support new contemporary worship service
- Attend monthly Worship Design Team meetings to help design all worship services
- Be an integral part of making special worship and church celebrations successful. This includes (but may not be limited to) attending Ash Wednesday, Holy Week, Kick Off, Advent, and Christmas Eve services.
- Lead at least one young adult faith formation class at the church
- Develop small groups (fellowship and faith formation) for young adults (may take place off site – in homes, coffee shops, etc.)
- Identify and develop leaders for the small groups from among the members of the groups
- Help young adults serve beyond our walls
- Help young adults learn about the theology and polity of the United Methodist Church, and this church’s structure and polity
- Help young adults become active within the church
- Work with the Life Long Faith Formation team to create and help young adults be a part of intergenerational faith formation activities
- Create and maintain a vibrant, regularly updated social media presence
|Related Job Responsibilities:
- Help develop and manage the annual budget for the contemporary worship service
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Be present on Sunday mornings to worship and interact with those present
- Provide a blog for the web site at least once a week
- Provide articles and information about Young Adult Ministries to The Carillon and the weekly worship bulletin announcements page
- Participate in periodic Life Long Faith Formation Team meetings
- College degree preferred
- Proven ability to lead contemporary music group
- Proven experience in ministry and a proven leadership record
- Proven ability to create and lead worship services that appeal to young adults
- Is called to young adult ministry, loves people and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level
- Ability to create and work within a budget
- Ability to recruit and manage volunteers
- Proven experience in working in a large church setting
- Ability to create energy and understand the value of both fellowship and deeper faith formation experiences
- Communicates effectively with staff, clergy, and laity
- Adept at social media and digital communications
- Willingness to work within and submit to United Methodist polity
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees hired to fill this position.
The employee filling this position shall be notified in advance of any changes, additions or deletions to this job description and shall have input regarding said changes as appropriate.
Contact: Megan Wieck
1005 Stover Ave Fort Collins CO 80525